An explosion occurred around 11.10 am on Thursday morning at the office of the This Day Publishing company, owners of the This Day titles, opposite the Jabi Motor Park, Abuja. The intensity of the blast shook buildings in the neighbourhood. Ambulances and men of the Anti-Bomb squad of the Nigeria Police arrived the scene minutes later while adjoining roadswere blocked for some time. Witnesses disclosed that the bomb was detonated by a suicide bomber who drove an SUV into the premises. The suicide bomber and two security men were killed on the spot. The office of This Day Newspaper in Kaduna was also hit by another bomb attack. The suicide attack in Kaduna almost failed as it was gathered that after driving into the premises which also houses The Sun and Moment Newspapers, the bomber tried to detonate the bombs but failed. Bystanders reportedly dragged him out of the vehicle in order to prevent him from achieving his aim. The bomb however went off later. The casualty figures in both attacks remained uncertain as at press time but rescue workers were seen leaving the scene with human parts put in body bags. Though no one has claimed responsibility for the attack, all fingers are already pointing at the Boko Haram sect. The sect had issued a warning that they would target media houses that give them bad press. It was also gathered that a phone call was put through to This Day in January to warn them about reporting Boko Haram activities. Though Boko Haram has killed at least two journalists in the past, this is the first time a bomb attack is targeting media houses in Nigeria.
- 23rd May, 2013 15:37“Violent And Extreme Sickening Acts Of Terror Cannot Divide Us”, British PM Says
- 22nd May, 2013 5:032 Arik Air Hostesses Nabbed For Drugs In London!
- 21st May, 2013 21:28“Release Detained Boko Haram Suspects”, Jonathan Orders!
- 21st May, 2013 15:37Senate Backs Jonathan On State Of Emergency!
- 21st May, 2013 13:53America Blames Nigerian Govt Officials For Boko Haram Insurgency!
- “Tourism And Rural Development In Ogun: A Call For Rescue”- Wale Odunsi
- “Tourism And Rural Development In Ogun: A Cal…Posted 5 hours ago
Ogun State is regarded as a leading municipality in the country. This is in recognition of its pioneering role in education, medicine, law, divinity among others. On the other hand,…
- “Violent And Extreme Sickening Acts Of Terror Cannot Divide Us”, British PM Says
- “Violent And Extreme Sickening Acts Of Terror…Posted 6 hours ago
British Prime Minister David Cameron after chairing the second Cobra Response Committee meeting said on Thursday that there was no justification for the attack carried out by the sickened individuals…
- EFCC Arraigns Fake Policeman For Forgery!
- EFCC Arraigns Fake Policeman For Forgery!Posted 2 days ago
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, arraigned Damola Orimogunje before Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo of Lagos High Court, Ikeja on a 16-count charge bordering on forgery and possession…
- 2 Arik Air Hostesses Nabbed For Drugs In London!
- 2 Arik Air Hostesses Nabbed For Drugs In Lond…Posted 2 days ago
The management of Arik Air on Tuesday admitted that two of its staff were arrested at the Heathrow Airport in London, England for suspected drug trafficking.
The issue was first conformed…
By NewsAdmin on April 26, 2012