About 48 hours after a bloody attack that killed 39 people, members of the Boko Haram sect on Thursday launched another attack on the already razed town. The town had been razed on Tuesday by terrorists who witnesses said stormed the town in two armoured personnel carriers and more than 20 Hilux trucks. Houses, shops and public buildings including the central mosque were burnt. Most of the insurgents were said to be wearing full military gears with hooded turbans.
Street Journal gathered that soldiers on ground on Tuesday could not match the firepower of the terrorists who destroyed the town.
The insurgents came back on Thursday a few hours after the Shehu of Borno, Alhaji Abubakar El-Kanemi visited the town to commiserate with the displaced people.
As of the time of filing this report, soldiers were said to be engaging the terrorists in an exchange of gunfire behind the Konduga Mini Stadium.