A fire incident was on Monday recorded at the office of the Ogun State Governor in Oke Mosan, Abeokuta. The fire which started around 11 am affected part of the Protocols Office as well as part of the office of the Head of Service.
The fire which was subdued after a some minutes by men of the Fire Service and Civil Defence operatives was believed to have been caused by a power surge.
No life bwas lost in the incident, though office equipment were destroyed. While assessing the damage, the Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun thanked God that there was no human casualty.
The Head of Service, Mrs Modupe Adekunle said the fire started from an air conditioning unit. “The only thing affected there was just some sets of computers”, she said.