Malaysian Pharmacist Electrocuted While Using Water Heater

A pharmacist due to be married next year was electrocuted while using the water heater at her home in Segamat, Malaysia.

D. Anitha, 27, died while taking a shower before going to work at the Segamat Hospital at about 8.30pm on Tuesday.

Her 54-year-old father, who asked to be identified only as Dason, said he did not suspect anything amiss but had wondered why his daughter was taking so long in the shower.

“After about an hour, I knocked on the bathroom door but there was no answer,” he told reporters.

He then forced open the door and saw Anitha on the floor.

“She was still clutching the shower head. I turned off the main power switch before rushing her to the hospital,” Dason said.

But his daughter was already dead.

Anitha was his youngest child.

“We planned to get her married in May next year,” Dason said.

His four other children were married and had moved out of the family home in Jalan Hassan.

He added that there was nothing wrong with the water heater prior to the incident.

In September last year, a Japanese couple was electrocuted by a faulty water heater in their apartment in Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.

The housekeeper found the bodies of the married couple, both aged 38, in the 13th floor apartment at about 10am.

The husband was a factory manager and the couple had a six-month-old baby boy.

Credits: The Star

Author: NewsAdmin

5018 stories / Browse all stories

Related Stories »

Provide your email below, and we will notify you the latest news freely.


calendar »