The Defence Headquarters said seven additional terrorists’ camps had been destroyed on Tuesday as more insurgents died in the ongoing onslaught to flush them out of Sambisa forest.
This is contained in a statement issued in Abuja on Wednesday by the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade.
Olukolade also said that additional 25 women and children were rescued during the operations.
He said the troops captured the camps having scaled series of land mines in continuation of the assault on the forest bases of the terrorists.
He listed the camps to include the four notorious Alafa camps as well as those in Rogo Fulani, Laraga and others used as training camps in the forest.
”Various weapons including Rocket Propelled Grenades, Anti-Aircraft Guns and a number of vehicles were either captured or destroyed during the operation.
”Four soldiers were wounded and have been evacuated for treatment,” the defence spokesman said.
He added that the operations were continuing with troops demonstrating high morale and fighting spirit as they searched the forests for terrorists, arms and hostages.