The Zazzau Emirate Council of Zaria, Kaduna State, has announced the cancellation of the annual Durbar held to celebrate Eid-El-Fitr festival.
Alhaji Ibrahim Aminu, the Wazirin Zazzau, who made the announcement at the Emir’s palace in Zaria on Wednesday on behalf of the Emirate Council, said the decision was taken to sympathize with the recent Zaria bomb blast victims.
According to Aminu, the Emir of Zazzau, Dr Shehu Idris, ordered the cancellation of the dubar.
He said: “I wish to announce that the Emir of Zazzau, Dr Shehu Idris, has ordered that the Eid-El-Fitr traditional durbar be cancelled.
“This is as a result of the ugly incident of bomb blast that occurred at Sabongari Secretariat last week; it is highly unfortunate that many people lost their lives.”
He added that the Emir prayed God Almighty to give the families of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss and prayed for God’s intervention in all spheres of their lives.