The Nigerian Army on Friday confirmed the killing of 14 persons, including four suicide bombers, in multiple bomb blasts which rocked the Ajilari railway crossing of Maiduguri, Borno State, on Thursday.
A statement issued in Abuja by Colonel Sani Usman, acting Army spokesman, said apart from the people it confirmed killed in the suicide attack, 39 other persons were injured in the incident.
Usman further explained that security operatives and emergency management team had been drafted to the scene of the explosion to cater for those injured.
The statement confirmed that four Boko Haram terrorists detonated their vests simultaneously, with three of the terrorists detonating their bombs in the same area while the fourth detonated in front of a mosque.
“Although details of the attack are still sketchy, suffice it to say it has been confirmed that 14 people have lost their lives, including the suicide bombers, while 39 others were wounded,’’ it said.
The statement assured residents of Maiduguri that security operatives were in control of the situation
appealed to them to remain calm and remain vigilant at all times.
It added that Boko Haram had been decimated and no longer has the capacity to reverse the progress already made in the military’s current ongoing counter-insurgency efforts.