Former Niger Delta warlord, Chief Government Ekpemupolo aka Tompolo has come out to deny any hand in the alleged N34 billion fraud for which he is being sought by a Federal High Court in Lagos to answer charges.
In an open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, on Sunday, which Tompolo personally signed, he denied being involved in the said fraud, which Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had arraigned him and Patrick Akpobolokemi, a former Director General of the Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), on Thursday last week alongside four other persons and companies.
While others were present in court, Tompolo refused to appear, prompting the Federal High Court to declared him wanted.
Tompolo said in the letter: “The truth of the matter is that I do not know anything about the 34 billion naira EFCC is talking about. First, it was 13 billion naira (N13bn) issue, now it is 34 billion naira (N34bn).
“I am not a signatory to any of the companies mentioned in the said N34bn case, so I do not know where this one is coming from”, he said.