Troops Successfully Repelled Boko Haram Members Yesterday – Army Spokesman

The Army Spokesman, Col. Sani Usman, hss disclosed that normalcy has since returned to Kareto town, Borno State,  after the attack by Boko Haram sect members, Monday morning.

In an interview on Tuesday, Col. Usman said troops of the 113 battalion, with aerial support from the Nigerian Air Force, successfully repelled the attack on the town and the battalion headquarters, which the insurgents had laid siege to in the early hours on Monday.

He said reinforcement had been sent to the unit to forestall any further attacks while troops were still on the trail of the insurgents.

He said scores of the attackers were killed during the battle, while on the part of Nigerian Army, two officers and 22 soldiers were wounded and had been taken to Maiduguri for prompt medical attention.

“You will recall that Boko Haram terrorists attacked our troops location at Kareto, Borno town but were successfully repelled by our troops.

“The situation has since been brought under control and reinforcement sent to the location.

“So far, our troops had two officers and 22 soldiers wounded in the attack and they have been taken to the military hospital in Maiduguri for treatment”, Usman said.

 

 

Author: News Editor

9846 stories / Browse all stories

Related Stories »

Provide your email below, and we will notify you the latest news freely.

sjdating    

calendar »