The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, has reiterated the determination of the Nigerian Army to continue with the offensive currently going on inside the Sambisa forest.
Olonisakin, who spoke on Wednesday in Lagos, said until the forest was cleared of the remnants of Boko Haram, the military will not relent.
Speaking at the inauguration of some projects at Navy Town, Ojo, Lagos, he said that the “Operation Crack Down” recently launched into Sambisa was yielding positive results.
“The operation is progressing and part of the benefits was the rescue of the two Chibok girls.
”The operation is ongoing and we will continue until we rid that place of all terrorists,” he said.
Olonisakin said that Boko Haram had been decimated, adding that it had become increasingly difficult for the insurgents to carry out their nefarious acts.
“We will continue to step up our game with the multinational task force,” he said.
He commended the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Adm. Ibok Ibas, on the projects which were initiated to improve the welfare of personnel. The projects inaugurated by the CDS were the refurbished Intensive Care Unit at Navy Reference Hospital, Ojo, as well as residential and administrative buildings.