80-year-old Man Burnt To Death As Fire Guts House In Lagos

There was a fire outbreak at No 5 Aborishade close, Lawanson, Surulere, on Tuesday. A statement by Lagos State Emergency Agency, LASEMA, said it received a distress call at about 10:40am
Investigation carried out by the Agency’s ERT at the scene of the incident discovered that boiling ring being used at the last room on the top floor led to the fire that engulfed the whole building.
A man, aged 80 years, identified as Godwin Oyia lost his life to the inferno as he was burnt dead in the room where the fire started. The statement added that “The whole of the top floor of the building was completely burnt down.
fire-disaster
“However, the ground floor was salvaged by the combined efforts of the Agency’s ERT, the Nigeria Red Cross and the Lagos State Fire Service (Isolo division, alausa division and Ilupeju division). “The dead body was recovered by the Agency Emergency Response Team and handed over to the Nigeria Police Force.” General Manager LASEMA Mr. Michael Akindele assured that proper investigation would be conducted on the incident.He appealed to residents across the state to ensure safety by switching off all electrical appliances when not in use at home or in the office.

Author: News Editor

3747 stories / Browse all stories

Related Stories »

Provide your email below, and we will notify you the latest news freely.

sjdating    

calendar »

September 2016
M T W T F S S
« Aug   Oct »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930