Fire Consumes Mother, 4 Children in Gombe

It was a sad day for a family in the Malam Inna area of Gombe State in the early hours of Thursday, when a woman and her four children were consumed by an inferno.
According to report, a woman, her infant and three step-children, were fast asleep when the fire started.
The fire, which witnesses claimed could have started around 3a.m. consumed the family of five before help could come their way.
The witnesses added that the hapless family were trapped in the house, which has only one entrance with burglar proof windows.
The fire fighters were said to have tried to rescue the victims but failed because of the burglary proof. They had to break the wall before they could gain access into the house but the damage had been done.
At the time of the incident, the husband of the deceased was not at home, it was learnt.
He was said to have spent the night with his first wife in another house.
The Public Relations Officer of the Gombe Fire Service, Haruna Wambai, confirmed the incident.
He said by the time they got access into the house, all the five occupants had died.

Author: News Editor

7679 stories / Browse all stories

Related Stories »

Provide your email below, and we will notify you the latest news freely.

sjdating    

calendar »

February 2017
M T W T F S S
« Jan   Mar »
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728