Man Arrested for Beating 7-year-old Son to Death

A middle-aged man, identified as Richard Inimgba, has been arrested by the Rivers State Police Command for allegedly beating his 7 years old son to death.
The man was said to have hit his little son named, George with a hard object for allegedly stealing his money.
The suspect, a resident of Amadi-Ama in Port Harcourt, had accused his son, George of stealing N3,200 on Friday and reportedly used a cutlass to inflict cuts on the victim after beating him up with a plank.
It was learnt that Richard had wanted to keep George’s death a secret, but for a carpenter who raised the alarm on sighting the injuries on the boy.
Richard was said to have secretly invited the carpenter into his apartment to prepare a coffin for his burial.
Some neighbours and relatives of 39-year-old Richard, popularly known as Oyinbo, told one of our correspondents that he had been maltreating the boy since he sent his mother packing six years ago.
The wife of Richard’s elder brother, who simply identified herself as K.K., said George requested water at the point of death, but the father continued the beating.
She said the boy’s attempts to explain that he used part of the money to feed himself because he was hungry fell on deaf ears.
She said, “He beat the boy for about two hours. My husband was not around. The boy was crying and saying, ‘Daddy, give me water, I cannot walk again.’
“The boy was saying ‘Sorry Daddy’ and the man continued to ask, ‘Where is the money?’ But the boy said he was hungry and used the money to buy bread. He accused the son of stealing N3,200 from him overtime.
“The boy was always hungry and if he came to my house to eat, the stepmother would report him to the father.
“He went to his church to tell the pastor that his child was dead without explaining what led to the little boy’s death. It was when the carpenter raised the alarm that the neighbours knew that he had killed his son.
“There were machete cuts on George’s body. Some angry boys came out and gave Oyinbo the beating of his life before a team of mobile policemen arrested him and his wife.”
A neighbour, who did not want her name mentioned, said Richard was arrested last year after he burnt George’s hand in the stove.
She said, “He was arrested, detained for three days and was made to write an undertaking. It was at that point that the boy started going to school for the first time.”
Spokesman of the Rivers State Command, Nnamdi Omoni said the police will take their next action after a post mortem has been conducted on the boy.
Omoni who is a Deputy Superintendent of Police said the police will ensure that the boy got justice.
“We are waiting for the post mortem report of the little boy before we conclude our investigation.
“We also have report that the step-mother of the boy maltreate him but we need to confirm that before bringing her in.
“The blood of the innocent boy is asking for justice and we must do just that,” he said.

Author: News Editor

4723 stories / Browse all stories

Related Stories »

Provide your email below, and we will notify you the latest news freely.

sjdating    

calendar »