Police Assure Public of Re-arrested Dike of Prosecution

THE Rivers State Police Commissioner, Ahmed Zaki, on Monday paraded the rearrested Ifeanyi Dike, who allegedly murdered his eight-year-old niece, Victory Chikamso Nmezuwuba, for rituals.
He assured the public of his prosecution after conclusion of investigation.
He was paraded at the State Command in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, before a crowd of onlookers who were eager to catch a glimpse of the suspect.
Dike was caught by a local vigilance group during a failed attempt to dispose the body of Chikamso after removing some body parts, including her eyes and tongue.
The suspect escaped while in police custody, but was rearrested in Jos, Plateau State, on Friday by a team of policemen.
The family of eight-year-old Chikamso Mezuwuba, who was murdered in Port Harcourt 20 days ago by a ritualist, has demanded justice, following the re-arrest of her killer, Ifeanyi Dike, yesterday morning in far away Plateau State by men of the state Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
Dike, an undergraduate of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), killed Chikamso, on August 19, this year, and was arrested and handed over to the Police.
His escape raised suspicious and a Police officer, Johnbosco Okoroeze, who was in charge was later dismissed from the Force and is now facing a two-count charge bordering on assisting the escape of a suspect and perversion of justice against a murder suspect.
The state Commissioner of Police, who paraded him, said that Dike was arrested in Barkin Ladi town and would be transferred to Port Harcourt to face trial there.
Ifeanyi, who was declared wanted by the Rivers State Police Command, it was gathered broke into a home in Jos, Plateau State, as the owner of the house was not around, entered the kitchen and served himself food.
The owner was said to have returned home, only to meet him helping himself with his food. Surprised at Dike’s uninvited presence in his home, the owner became agitated, demanded to know how he entered his apartment, resulting in his interrogation and an altercation.
Sensing that the man was going to raise an alarm, Dike allegedly grabbed a knife inside the house and stabbed him.
Afraid that he might be stabbed to death and in a bid to save his life, the injured man raised an alarm that alerted people within the neighbourhood, who quickly rushed to his house.
On reaching there, the neighbours met Dike, overpowered and disarmed him before calling in the Police, who then arrested and took him away.
It was gathered that since the initial crime bordered on breaking and illegal entry, he was handed over to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
It was further gathered that amidst intensive interrogation, Dike gave them the phone number of his elder sister with whom he was living in Port Harcourt.
The SARS officers thereafter called his sister to inquire if she knew one Ifeanyi Dike. His shocked sister was said to have affirmed knowing him and implored the Police to ensure he does not escape, because he was wanted in Port Harcourt for the murder of an eight-year-old child.

Author: News Editor

9846 stories / Browse all stories

Related Stories »

Provide your email below, and we will notify you the latest news freely.


calendar »

September 2017
« Aug   Oct »