Police Say No Explosion in Enugu

The Police Command in Enugu State, on Saturday, asked the general public idea to disregard rumour blast in Enugu.

The state Police Command debunked social media rumour of a bomb explosion in the state.

The Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, said this in a statement.

Amaraizu said that the video in circulation in some sections of the social media had been confirmed to be “false’’ and “an attempt to instill fear in the minds of the public”.

“The attention of the Command has been drawn to the misleading and false video in circulation in some sections of the social media on an alleged bomb blast at Otigba Junction within Enugu metropolis.

“The Command, hereby, wish to inform members of the public particularly those who may have been misinformed with such that there is no bomb incident and explosion in entire Enugu State.

“Hence, members of the public are advised to ignore the misleading information and go about their normal lawful businesses.
“This false information is an attempt by mischief makers to cause panic and fear in the minds of law abiding members of the public,” he said.

Amaraizu noted that “the Command is committed to ensure the safety and lives and property of the residents of the state at every minute”.

Author: News Editor

9436 stories / Browse all stories

Related Stories »

Provide your email below, and we will notify you the latest news freely.

sjdating    

calendar »