- 24th May, 2013 20:54Akpabio Clears Air On Aamechi’s Purported Re-Election, Says “Jang Is Our Chairman”
- 24th May, 2013 19:51Amaechi Floors Jang To Retain NGF Chairmanship!
- 24th May, 2013 15:52FG Declares May 29 Public Holiday
- 23rd May, 2013 15:37“Violent And Extreme Sickening Acts Of Terror Cannot Divide Us”, British PM Says
- 22nd May, 2013 5:032 Arik Air Hostesses Nabbed For Drugs In London!
- Akpabio Clears Air On NGF Elections, Says
- Akpabio Clears Air On Aamechi’s Purported Re-…Posted 4 hours ago
The Chairman of the PDP Governors' Forum, Chief Godswill Akpabio on Friday cleared the air on the purported re-election of the Nigerian Governors' Forum as he stated that the Plateau…
- Amaechi Floors Jang To Retain NGF Chairmanship!
- Amaechi Floors Jang To Retain NGF Chairmanshi…Posted 6 hours ago
Chairman of the Nigerian Governors' Forum, and incumbent Governor of Rivers State, Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi was on Friday re-elected as the Chairman of the Forum. Amaechi contested against Jonah…
- FG Declares May 29, Public Holiday
- FG Declares May 29 Public HolidayPosted 10 hours ago
The Federal Government has declared Wednesday, May 29, 2013 a public holiday to mark Democracy Day. Minister of the Interior, Comrade Abba Moro who made the declaration known via a…
- Jonah Jang To Emerge As Governors'Forum Chairman!
- Jonah Jang To Emerge As Governors’ Forum Chai…Posted 11 hours ago
Indications have emerged that the Governor of Plateau State, Jonah Jang is set to emerge as the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors'Forum. For some months now, there have been speculations…
By NewsAdmin on November 10, 2011
The electoral woes of Otunba Alao-Akala, the former Governor of Oyo State were further compounded as the Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Ibadan, Oyo State on Wednesday dismissed the petition filed by the People’s Democratic Party to challenge the electoral victory of Governor Abiola Ajimobi in the April 2011 Governorship election in Oyo State. [...]
By NewsAdmin on October 12, 2011
Hearing commenced on Wednesday on the bail application filed by the former Governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala and two other accused persons, Senator Hosea Agboola and Engr. Femi Babalola. The three are facing eleven counts ranging from award of contract without budget provision to concealment of true ownership of properties and acquisition of [...]
By NewsAdmin on October 11, 2011
Oyo State’s former Governor, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala seems to have returned to full public glare, though this time not on the political field, neither as a public office holder. Rather, he returned as an accused person as he, Senator Hosea Ayoola Agboola and a businessman, Femi Babalola were on Tuesday arraigned before Justice Moshood Abass [...]
By NewsAdmin on October 6, 2011
Three former Governors were arrested on Thursday by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). The arrested former state chief executives are Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala of Oyo State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State and Aliyu Akwe Doma of Nassarawa State. The three were arrested on allegations that they fleeced their respective states [...]
By NewsAdmin on August 13, 2011
A petition has been sent to the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Moses Onireti by the Oyo State chapter of the Action Congress of Nigeria over the continuous and indiscriminate use of siren by the immediate past Governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, especially within the state capital.