The Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio has sacked two members of his cabinet.
The reshuffle was contained in a statement signed on Thursday by the Commissioner for Information and Communication, Hon Aniekan Umannah and made available to Street Journal.
Below is the full text of the statement:
“In view of the need to reinvigorate the machinery of Government and drive further the Uncommon Transformation Programme of the State, His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief (Dr.) Godswill Akpabio, CON has approved a minor cabinet reshuffle.
Accordingly, the following Commissioners have been relieved of their appointments.
1. Mr. Bassey Albert Akpan, Former Commissioner for Finance
2. Barr. Effiong Abia, Former Commissioner for Rural Development
His Excellency has directed the affected Commissioners to hand over to the Permanent Secretaries in their respective ministries.
The Governor however thanked the former Commissioners for their contributions to the development of the State and wishes them success in their future endeavours.
Similarly, His Excellency the Governor has approved the relief of the following Board Chairmen of their appointments
1. Obong Sunny Udom (Former Chairman, Akwa Ibom Property and Investment Company Limited APICO)
2. Hon Patrick Ifon (Former Chairman, Akwa Ibom Water Company Limited)
3. Obong Dan Akai (Former Chairman, Akwa Ibom Newspaper Corporation, AKNC)
4. Hon. Alex Nyong (Former Chairman, Akwa Ibom Broadcasting Corporation, AKBC)
5. Hon. John Asikpo (Former Chairman, Akwa Ibom State Environmental Protection and Management Board)
6. Abom Tony Esu (Former Chairman, Akwa Ibom State Agency for Community and Social Development)
His Excellency, the Governor further thanked the affected officers for their services to the state and wishes them success in their new engagements.
Signed: Aniekan Umanah
Hon. Commissioner for Information and Communications
Akwa Ibom State,