The Nigerian Army has sustained the currrent onslaught against Boko Haram members, as it said that its troops had succeeded in busting another Boko Haram bomb making factory in Ngala, Borno State,.
In a statement, Sunday, signed by the Acting Public Relations, Nigerian Army, Col. Dani Usman, clearance operation to rid the state of remnants of the terrorists is continuing.
The discovery of the factory came just as the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai, vowed that gallant officers and men of the Nigerian Army, who paid the supreme sacrifice in the course of prosecuting the ongoing war on terror or in any theatre of operation, would never be forgotten.
The Army Chief also disclosed that contrary to allegations that the Nigerian Army was responsible for the death of hundreds of Shiite Islamist, the misuse of bombs and Russian-made Molotov gun by the group against the army led to the killing of their followers because they were not trained in the use of the guns.
On the bomb factory, Col. Usman said: “On Friday, April 30, 2016, the ever hard-working troops of 3 Battalion, 22 Brigade of Operation Lafiya Dole, again succeeded in busting a secret Boko Haram terrorists’ improvised explosive making device factory in Ngala town, North Eastern Nigeria.
“Recall that despite their defeat, the terrorists continued to attack innocent citizens, military and soft targets through vehicular and human bore Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
“Despite ongoing clearance of the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists, they persistently hid the IED manufacturing factories location.
“However, that would be no more, thanks to the efficient intelligence and resilience of our troops. It was based on this that we got credible and timely information that made troops to swoop on one of such factories in Ngala town, destroyed it and killed some of the Boko Haram terrorists.
“In addition, they recovered 20 gas cylinders of various sizes prepared and ready for explosive insertion, primers, gun powder, electric wires and tape recorders, amongst other items.”
This is even as Usman said in another statement that troops of the Nigerian Army killed nine members of the Boko Haram insurgents in a surprise attack at Tatakura, Wubi, in Borno State.
Usman, said on Sunday that the insurgents were planning to carry out attacks at Wunbi in Kala Balge Local Government Area of the state when the troops staged the preventive action.
He said that the troops of the 3 Battalion, 22 Brigade, had an encounter with the insurgents while they were on patrol to foil the planned attack after receiving intelligence report on the plot.
Usman said that six soldiers who received gunshot wounds during the operation had been evacuated from the battle front for urgent medical attention and were in stable condition.
According to him, the troops ‘captured three AK-47 rifles, one Fabrique Nationale rifle, one General Purpose Machine Gun, a 60mm Mortar Tube, one Rocket Propelled Grenade 7 Tube, one G3-Machine Gun and seven Fabrique Nationale Magazines’ from the insurgents.
Other recovered items from the insurgents “included 108 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition, one Energa grenade, an RPG 7 bomb as well as three 60mm mortar bombs and two motor cycles.”