Former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh has said he was ready to refund the N400m, he allegedly collected from the office of the National Security Adviser.
His counsel, Onyechi Ikpeazu, on Thursday said Metuh was prepared to refund the said money, noting he was tried of legal fireworks.
Metuh was purported to have been shared N400m out of the $2.1bn cash meant for arms.
The arms money was allegedly distributed to political purposes by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) during the tenure of ex-National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki.
Dasuki is presently facing multiple cases in different courts for his role in sharing the money.
In a statement through Ikpeazu, Metuh insisted that although the cash was released to him by former President Goodluck Jonathan, he did not know the source as at the time.
Metuh, who has been on trial in the past few months, said he was no longer interested in court case.
Ipkeazu disclosed that he had been in talks with the Ministry of Justice, the EFCC and other necessary bodies on how to refund the money and resolve the issue.
He said since the EFCC presented a document on the source of the money in court, he had made up his mind to willingly refund the N400m.
He said: ”It was however while in court that a document was brought regarding the source of the money and since then, our Client has made manifest his willingness to refund the money and has indeed approached his family, friends and associates to mobilise funds to refund the entire N400 million to the government regardless of the fact that the money had been expended based on the directives of the former President and that part of the money had been recovered from one of the prosecution witnesses.”