A former Comptroller General of Nigerian Immigration Service, David Parradang has insisted that he was not aware of the recruitment exercise into the immigration in 2014, until he read the advertisement in the newspapers.
At the resumed hearing, Friday, on the trial of former Minister of Interior, Abba Moro and three others, Parradang said he was not carried along during the exercise.
Paul Erokoro (SAN), a member of the defence team, during crossed examination of the former Comptroller- General, Parradang insisted that as the head of the NIS in 2014 he was not aware of the recruitment carried out by the service
When Erokoro sought to know if the recruitment was initiated by the Minister or Permanent Secretary, he said “I do not know.’’
Parradang is the first prosecution witness against Moro and three others.
Parradang had earlier said while been led in evidence by the prosecution counsel, Yusuf Aliyu, that Moro did not follow laid procedures while carrying out the recruitment exercise that saw to the death of 15 applicants, while many others were wounded.
Nnamdi Dimgba, the trial Judge of a Federal High Court in Abuja later adjourned the case to September 29 and 30 for continuation of trial.