World News

Mission Impossible 7 ‘is set to be hit by more delays over fears of a COVID-19 outbreak’

0
mission-impossible-7-‘is-set-to-be-hit-by-more-delays-over-fears-of-a-covid-19-outbreak’

Mission Impossible 7 ‘filming is halted AGAIN as extras are told to stay home following fears of a COVID-19 outbreak on the set in Italy’

By Roxy Simons For Mailonline

Published: | Updated:

Mission Impossible 7 is allegedly set to be hit by more delays due to fears over a COVID-19 outbreak on set in Venice, Italy.

According to a report from The Sun on Friday, 150 extras were informed that they were not to come in to shoot scenes that were on the filming schedule for Thursday evening.

While no official reason was given for the sudden decision to not include the extras, it was claimed that a coronavirus test had come back positive from the production so filming needed to be suspended temporarily.

Issues: Mission Impossible 7 ‘to be hit by more delays as fears over a COVID-19 outbreak may mean production is shut down once again’, it was reported on Friday (Tom Cruise pictured)

A source speaking to the publication claimed: ‘There are about 150 extras involved in the filming and late on Thursday they were all told not to turn up for work and they would be notified when they would be allowed back on set.

‘No official reason has been given but it’s feared it’s down to COVID and this will be the second time the production has been hit because of the virus.’

According to the publication, crew have urged members of the public to remain socially distanced from one another while waiting to see the stars, while Tom Cruise and director Christopher McQuarrie are also said to have made the request.

MailOnline has contacted Paramount Pictures and Tom Cruise’s representatives for comment.  

Delays: According to a report, 150 extras were informed that they were not to come in to shoot scenes that were on the filming schedule for Thursday evening without a reason

Earlier this year, filming for the upcoming action movie was halted in Italy after cases of coronavirus rose sharply.

The crew and actors headed to Norway to film ever since, before returning to the Italian capital to continue with scenes once it was safe to do so.

It was reported this summer that Hollywood legend Tom hired a £500,000 ship for the film’s crew in Norway to avoid any coronavirus-related delays.

Concerns: A source said of the incident: ‘No official reason has been given but it’s feared it’s down to COVID’ (Tom and co-star Hayley Atwell pictured filming in Rome earlier this month)

The filming had already been delayed for months after COVID-19 spread across Italy, where production had been based in March, leading the release date to be pushed back to November 2021.

‘They are terrified of further delays. Tom is determined not to see any more hold-ups. The studio believes it will keep everyone safe and get this shoot wrapped up’, a source told The Sun earlier this summer.

It was recently claimed that Tom was ‘exempt from Norway’s quarantine rules’ as he restarted filming in the Scandinavian country.   

The media personality revealed how ‘excited’ he was to start shooting the latest instalment of the franchise in a phone call with Norway’s Minister of Culture Abid Raja.

Simon stars as IMF technician Benji Dunn in the Mission Impossible franchise, reprising his role for the fifth time in the much-anticipated upcoming movie.

 Mission Impossible 7 will be released on November 19, 2021.

Frustrating: Filming was already delayed for months after Covid-19 spread across Italy, where production had been based in March, leading the release to be pushed to November 2021

Advertisement

US Marines are running island-hopping exercises over fears of a future war with China

Previous article

FBI will interview Hunter Biden’s former business partner Tony Bobulinski

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a Reply

More in World News