International News

Active bomb threat at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport

0
active-bomb-threat-at-minneapolis-saint-paul-international-airport

Part of Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport briefly evacuated over a bomb threat, after airport staff received a ‘threatening’ phone call

  • A ‘threatening’ phone call was received soon after 6 p.m. claiming that an explosive device had been planted in an area within Terminal 1, airport staff said
  • MSP Airport Police Department responded to the scene and evacuated passengers and staff out of part of the terminal
  • Officers and K-9s swept the area but found nothing and gave it the all-clear 
  • The airport was fully reopened again by 7 p.m.

By Rachel Sharp For Dailymail.com

Published: | Updated:

Part of Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport was briefly evacuated Friday night over a bomb threat, after airport staff received a ‘threatening’ phone call. 

The scare took place soon after 6 p.m. local time when a phone call was received claiming that an explosive device had been planted in an area within Terminal 1.

MSP Airport Police Department responded to the scene and evacuated passengers and staff out of part of the terminal. 

Inbound access to Terminal 1 was shut as well as the north end of the airport mall and there was a heavy police presence on the roadways leading up to the airport, according to CBS Local.  

Officers and K-9s swept the area for the potential threat but found nothing and gave it the all-clear soon after. The airport was fully reopened again by 7 p.m.   

Part of Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (pictured) was briefly evacuated Friday night over a bomb threat, after airport staff received a ‘threatening’ phone call

‘Shortly after 6p.m. we received a threatening phone call. Airport police set up a  parameter and evacuated people from that area of the terminal that the threat was mentioned in,’ an airport spokesperson told DailyMail.com  

‘Police brought in K-9s, swept the area and the whole area was reopened in less than an hour.’  

The spokesperson said that no flights were canceled due to the incident but that there may have been some delays caused.  

Initial reports that the bomb threat was due to a woman walking up to a man and saying she had an explosive in her backpack were false, the spokesperson said.  

 There was a heavy police presence on the roadways leading up to the airport (above). Officers and K-9s swept the area for the potential threat but found nothing and gave it the all-clear soon after. The airport was fully reopened again by 7 p.m.

Advertisement

Prince Andrew is ‘highly unlikely to serve his country again’, say sources

Previous article

9 New Books We Recommend This Week

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a Reply