International News

Pregnant mom, 23, shot dead ‘by her boyfriend during crime spree that ended with police shootout’


Disturbing new details have emerged about a deadly crime spree in Oklahoma City that began with the murder of a pregnant woman and the abduction of her baby, and ended with a police shootout that left the suspect dead and an officer wounded.

Brandon Milburn, 37, was previously named by the Oklahoma City Police Department on Thursday as a suspect in the killing of his girlfriend, identified as 23-year-old Shatica Hixson, and the kidnapping of their 14-month-old daughter, Zyla, on Tuesday. 

Milburn was also suspected of killing a motorist and carjacking two vehicles as he fled from the police.  

Local authorities officially confirmed on Thursday that the officer-involved shooting that occurred early Wednesday morning in downtown Oklahoma City was related to Milburn’s alleged crime spree.  

Scroll down for video 

Family members say Shatica Hixson, 23, was shot and killed by her boyfriend, Brandon Milburn, 37 (pictured together, left), who then abducted their 14-month-old daughter, Zyla (right)

Relatives say Milburn was the man who was killed in a police shootout in downtown Oklahoma City early Wednesday. Pictured: the suspect’s bullet-ridden Toyota Prius 

Milburn allegedly exchanged fire with police officers and injured one of them, who survived thanks to his bulletproof vest

The suspect’s gun is pictured resting at the scene of the gun battle near Couch Drive and Lee Avenue in Oklahoma City on Wednesday 

The incident began unfolding just after noon on Tuesday, when police received a 911 call about a body that was discovered inside a home in the 5100 block of Brookdale Drive. 

Officers who responded to the scene found a woman, identified by police and family members as Hixson, who had been shot dead during a domestic fight earlier thatr morning, and learned that her baby had been taken from the home, purportedly by the child’s father, Milburn.

Relatives told KFOR that Hixson was three months pregnant with her and Milburn’s second child at the time of her death.

According to the victim’s family, Hixson was a victim of domestic abuse. 

Family say Hixson was three months pregnant with her and Milburn’s second child. According to a relative, the boyfriend would often beat Hixson 

Police said Milburn shot and killed 34-year-old Chris Huskey (left) during his crime spree 

‘He beat her up all the time, he gashed her head open and threw her downstairs,’ the woman’s family member Shawntel Nye said, referring to Milburn. 

But his brother, Vinson Milburn, painted a very different picture of Milburn and Hixson’s relationship. 

‘Every time I had seen them, they were pretty happy,’ he said. 

After allegedly killing his pregnant girlfriend, Milburn went on the run with their baby daughter in tow, which triggered an Amber Alert. 

Milburn’s brother, Vinson, said when he last spoke to Brandon, he sounded remorseful and talked about surrendering 

Nearly four hours later, the missing girl was found safe after being dropped off at the Love County jail by a woman believed to be Milburn’s aunt.

‘She saw the Amber Alert and realized that the Amber Alert was the baby that she had in a vehicle,” said Love County Sheriff Marty Grisham. 

While police scoured the area for Zyla, another killing was reported in the 24000 block of Southwest 95th Street, just 7 miles from Hixson’s home, where a man, identified as 34-year-old Stephen Christopher Huskey, was found shot dead inside a white pickup truck. 

According to police, Milburn had stolen a pickup truck owned by a local business from the area of Southwest 119th Street and May Avenue. 

The truck was equipped with a GPS tracking device, which Huskey, who worked for the company that owned the stolen vehicle, used to locate it. 

He found the truck parked and unoccupied in the 2500 block of SW 95th Street and drove up to it. At that moment, police said Milburn appeared from behind a tree and opened fire on Huskey, killing him. 

According to investigators, the gunman drove to Southwest 104th Street, where he abandoned the stolen pickup truck and carjacked a gold Toyota Avalon vehicle that was being operated by a 17-year-old boy. He then ditched that vehicle in the area of SW 122nd Street and May Avenue. 

Authorities spent five hours searching for Milburn with K-9 units and a helicopter before suspending the operation for the night. 

Police spent five hours on Tuesday looking for Milburn with the help of K-9 units, before suspending the search for the night  

Milburn has been tied to a man’s killing, to two separate carjackings and to a burglary 

This is the white pickup truck whose owner was allegedly murdered by Milburn 

Shortly before 10pm, Milburn called his brother for the last time.

‘There was fear in his voice and remorse and regret and shame. He wanted to turn himself in, we had talked about it,’ Vinson Milburn said, adding that his brother was ‘not a monster.’

Just after 4am on Wednesday, Oklahoma City police officers were involved in a pursuit of a vehicle near SW 104th Street and May Avenue.

The suspect, identified as Brandon Milburn by his brother, led officers on a chase, which ended near Couch Drive and Lee Avenue in downtown Oklahoma City.

The driver of the silver Toyota Prius with Arizona plates exchange gunfire with police. A spokesperson for the Oklahoma City Police Department told Milburn fire first at the officers.

The suspect was shot dead, and Oklahoma City police officer Zach Barby suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot in the chest, which was protected by his bulletproof vest. 

Kim Kardashian WEEPS after watching hologram of her dad gifted to her by Kanye

Previous article

Jehovah Witnesses leaders ‘made girl, 15, listen to a recording of her own rape for four hours’

Next article

You may also like


Leave a Reply