Breaking News

Breaking: 5,000 persons displaced, as Boko Haram hits Adamawa

0
breaking:-5,000-persons-displaced,-as-boko-haram-hits-adamawa

Breaking: 5,000 persons displaced, as Boko Haram hits Adamawa

Nigeria: Boko Haram brutality against women, girls need urgent response – Amnesty International
File photo of terrorists

BY UMAR YUSUF

YOLA No fewer than 5,000 persons, mainly women and children have been displaced following weekend attack by Boko Haram in Hong Local Government Area of Adamawa.

Dr Mohammed Sulaiman, the executive secretary of the Adamawa state emergency Management agency, announced this in Yola on Sunday.

The Executive Secretary disclosed that many other communities from neighbouring local governments were also displaced.

He recalled that the insurgents came in nine vehicles on Friday to attack Kwapre village in Dugwaba District of Hong Local Government Area.

Suleiman stated that the insurgents surrounded the village and killed seven people, including three children.

“During the attack, 50 houses, worship centres, markets and schools were burnt. “Many people, including women, girls and men, were kidnapped by the attackers.

” However, we received a report that eight persons among the kidnapped victims escaped.

“The displaced persons during the attack are taking refuge in nearby villages,” he said.

READ ALSO: Identity of those who kidnapped Imo catholic priest revealed

The District Head of Dugwaba, Mr Simon Yakubu disclosed in Yola that the attackers invaded the village at about 1 p.m. and started shooting.

“During the attack that lasted for more than two hours, more than 20 persons were injured and no fewer than 20 persons are unaccounted for as at this report.

“Places of worship, schools, shops food stores and village head house were destroyed,” Yakubu said.

He said that the injured had been receiving treatment at Hong General Hospital, while two persons who were critically injured by gunshot had been referred to Federal Medical Centre, Yola.

According to him, many villages  in Dugwaba district, including Kwapre are few kilometres away from Sambisa forest where insurgents use as their hideouts.

He also recalled that in 2014, Kwapre village was attacked and destroyed by Boko Haram insurgents.

When contacted, Mr. James Pukuma, Chairman, Hong Local Government Area, said that normalcy has returned to the area as security and local security groups had been deployed to protect lives and property.

He called on the people of the area to be vigilant and report any suspicious move to the nearest security agency for quick response.

DSP Sulaiman Nguroje, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Police Command in Adamawa, confirmed the attack.

Vanguard News NIGERIA

The post Breaking: 5,000 persons displaced, as Boko Haram hits Adamawa appeared first on Vanguard News.

NAFDAC nabs merchants of dangerous chemicals that killed three in Kano

Previous article

PIB: 2.5 percent equity, recipe for renewed militancy, HOSTCOM warns FG

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a Reply